Sonia Moore Studio of the Theatre
- Acting Certificate
Bowling Green State University
- Ph.D. Theatre, M.A. Theatre
University of Dayton
- B.S. Speech Education
Teaching and Related Employment
Sonia Moore Studio of the Studio
- Assistant Artistic Director
- Acting Faculty
Montclair State University
- Professor, Dept. Chair; Coordinator, BFA Acting Program
- Managing Director, Theatre Production
Fort Hays State University
- Assistant Professor, Director of Theatre
- Associate Producer, Managing Director, NEXT STAGE – Equity Summer Theatre
Ensemble Studio Theatre
- Co-Producer, Department Production – New York, NY
- Co-Producer, Department Production – Montclair, NJ
- Director, General Manager – New York, NY
- Acting Technique and Scene Study – all levels
- Acting for Television
- Directing – Undergraduate and Graduate
- Playscript Interpretation
- Theatre Management
- Introduction to the Theatre
- Trauth, Suzanne M. and Lisa S. Brenner, eds. Katrina on Stage: Five Plays. Evanston, Illinois: Northwestern University Press, 2011.
- Trauth, Suzanne M. and Elizabeth C. Stroppel. Sonia Moore and American Acting Training. Lanham, Maryland: Scarecrow Press, 2005.
- Ratliff, Gerald Lee and Suzanne M. Trauth. On Stage: Producing Musical Theatre. New York: Rosen Press, 1988.
- Trauth, Suzanne. “When the Teacher is Ready the Student Appears…” Theatre Topics. Summer, 2017.
- Trauth, Suzanne. “In Memoriam: Sonia Moore.” ATHE News. Vol. 9, No. 3. September, 1995.
- Trauth, Suzanne. “The Body Theatric: Sonia Moore and the Method of Physical Actions.” Theatre Insight. Vol. 4., Summer, 1993.
- Trauth, Suzanne. “Sonia Moore: Stanislavski’s Artistic Heir.” Women and Theatre Occasional Papers. Warwick University, England. Summer, 1994.
- Trauth, Suzanne. “The Theatre-on-Podol, Kiev, Ukraine: Repertoire and Performance Style.” Soviet and East European Performance. Vol. 13, No. 1. Spring, 1993.
- Trauth, Suzanne. “Arthur Miller at the Theatre-on-Podol: A Crucible and a Coup.” Soviet and East European Performance. Vol. 14, No. 1. Spring, 1994.
- Trauth, Suzanne. “Antoinette Perry.” Notable Women in the American Theatre. New York: Greenwood Press, 1989.
Selected Convention Papers/Panels
- “Katrina: the K Word: Models for Theatre as Civic Engagement.” New York University Colloquium in American Literature and Culture. New York, 2008.
- “Impact of Local Assessment/Accountability Mechanisms.” Panel Moderator, Future Policy Issues for Theatre Administrators. National Association of Schools of Theatre Convention, Houston, 1994.
- “Teaching Stanislavski’s Technique.” Association for Theatre in Higher Education National Convention, Atlanta, 1992.
- “The Director and the Organic Actor: The Challenge to the Actor.” Association for Theatre in Higher Education National Convention, Chicago, 1990.
- “A Master Class with Sonia Moore.” Association for Theatre in Higher Education National Convention, New York City, 1989.
- “The Technique of ‘Review’ in the Stanislavski System.” Association for Theatre in Higher Education National Convention, San Diego, 1988.
Selected Academic Productions:
- The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-Moon Marigolds
- The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
- Children’s Hour
- Dames at Sea
- Taming of the Shrew
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
- She Stoops to Conquer
- Nicholas Nickleby
- Grapes of Wrath
- Laramie Project
- Flyin’ West
- The House of Bernarda Alba
- Katrina: the K Word
- Hooking Up
- Children’s Theatre Tour: Fort Hays State University
- University Touring Company: Montclair State University – Tuesdays (9/11 production), Bullies ‘R Us
Selected Professional Productions:
- Exiled and Off-Balance – Luna Lab, West Orange, NJ
- Katrina: the K Word – Playwrights Theatre of New Jersey
- A Good Kid – 12 Miles West, Montclair, NJ
- The Crucible – Theatre-on-Podol, Kiev, Ukraine
- The Middle Ages – TheatreFest Summer Theatre, NJ
- Widowers’ Houses – Drama Committee Repertory Theatre, NYC
- Mr. and Mrs. Discobbolos – Encompass Theatre, NYC
- Hand of Bridge – Encompass Theatre, NYC
- House – Ensemble Studio Theatre (MSU students)
- Wrote and Directed short film Jigsaw
- A View from the Bridge: Beatrice. American Stanislavski Theatre
- The Crucible: Elizabeth. Sonia Moore Studio – Lincoln Center Demonstration
- National Science Foundation Grant, Consultant/Co-writer – iDream (STEM initiative)
- Global Education Grant, Montclair State University; Australia/New Zealand artistic exchange
- Global Education Grant, Montclair State University; Theatre-on-Podol, Kiev, Ukraine artistic exchange
- Career Development Grants, Montclair State University
- National Science Foundation Grant, Bowling Green State University; Thesis project
- A Finalist for the 2017 Project Y season.
- Project Y is a community of artists, designers, and playwrights devoted to developing new work through staged readings, online video projects, workshop productions, and fully produced world premieres.
- Professor Emeritus, Montclair State University
- Accomplished Alumni of the Fine and Performing Arts, Bowling Green State University
- “Pilot Award” – Outstanding Faculty Member, Fort Hays State University
Consultation and Professional Involvement
- Member, Board of Directors, Tunnelvision Writer’s Project
- Member, Board of Directors, American Center for Stanislavski Theatre Art
- American College Theatre Festival: Regional Adjudicator and Conference Respondent
- Program Evaluator, Associate of Fine Arts Degree, County College of Morris
- Program Evaluator, College of Staten Island
- League of Professional Theatre Women
- Dramatists Guild
- NJ Screenwriters Association
- Association for Theatre in Higher Education
- Acting and Directing Forums, ATHE
- Women and Theatre Program, ATHE
- Speech Communication Association